Benefits of Hiring Professional Home Theater Installer
Lights! Camera! Action! Creating a high-quality home theater is not the extravagance it once was and is certainly not just for movie moguls. For less than the cost of a good used car – or the monthly payment of a new car lease — you can obtain a top-quality home theater system, professionally installed, that will enrich and enliven your evenings for years to come.
This article provides 10 useful tips to help you develop a workable plan for your new home theater system, how to find a qualified home theater installer, get a fair price, and have years of trouble-free service.
Define What You Want
Before starting any home theater project, carefully evaluate what you want to be done. Take the time to list exactly what qualities your home theater should have and what you want a contractor to do. Speak with your family about expectations for use. For example, you might want a dedicated theater room to escape, the “fortress of solitude”.
Your family, on the other hand, might prefer a multi-function media room where everyone can meet and be entertained. Here are some questions to ask yourself (and your family) before you buy:
- Will your “theater” room be used for multi-tasking entertaining or single purpose?
- What will you primarily watch: movies, sports, TV sitcoms, or variety/entertainment?
- Are you especially impressed (or indifferent) to good quality sound systems?
- Do you have frequent guests for parties, “movie nights” or sporting events?
- Do you want speakers to be out on display or hidden in the walls?
- Are you easy-going or inflexible in your decorating tastes? For example, would you be willing to put in dark-fabric walls and sound deadening panels to perfect the acoustics in a room?
- Do you want to use existing furniture or would you consider specialized home theater seating?
- Do you want to consider expanding your project to include convenience features like automating your home with lighting controls, alarm and security systems, outdoor lighting, or central vacuum systems?
Finally, educate yourself about the technology of sight and sound: you don’t have to be an expert in buzzwords like THX, Dolby HD, HDMI, DLP or the rest of the alphabet, but you should know a bit about the pros and cons of a plasma or LCD flat panel display vs. a front projector.
Define Where You Want It
It might seem obvious, but think about where you want to install your home theater. For example, some people want to convert a basement into a theater room. Others have a specialized den, spare bedroom, family room, even a garage. You’ll want not only a home theater installer/integrator but perhaps a home improvement contractor to discuss structural elements such as walls, carpeting, electrical and or plumbing issues.
Find a Local Expert Installer
While you might be great at programming the remote, you are probably lousy at hiding the wires. Or you might be an accomplished carpenter but get overwhelmed by the myriad choices for home theater display technology. Relax and find a professional.
There are several benefits of hiring a professional theater installer and here are some of them:
- Save Money: You are probably wondering how you can save money especially when an installer is going to charge you for the installation. You will save in the form of unnecessary expenses. Actually, if you try and do the installation yourself then there is a high probability that something might go wrong after all this is electronic equipment. If something does go wrong then you will have to shell out extra money for repair or replacement and this is will be an unnecessary expense. But on the other hand, if you hire a professional home theater installer then your installation will be perfect and there will be no problems in the future. Above all, most installers offer free visits and check-ups on the installation for 1-2 years.
- Customization: This is one of the greatest benefits of hiring a professional home theater installer. If you want a custom installation then a professional can take care of that with ease. If you further require a multiple-room installation then that can also be taken care of. When you use the services of a professional home theater installer then you can oversee the entire arrangement and even make small changes. A professional installer will assist you in drawing up a plan based on the amount of space available and will guide you on the best location for the video component and the audio equipment. This will ensure that you experience a smooth home-theater installation process and it is in accordance with your requirements.
- Audio and Video System: Audio and video is the most integral part of a home theater system. Depending on your requirement, you can choose from different types of video equipment including Plasma TV, HDTV, standard television, LCD Tv, projector screen, DVD console, etc. Similarly for audio, you can choose from single to dual amplifiers, multiple standard speakers or surround sound speakers, magnet speakers, multi-channel audio output systems, and much more. But installing different types of video equipment with their audio counterparts can be quite a tricky job and this can be easily taken care of by a professional home theater installer.
The bottom line is that hiring a professional home theater installer can make your job easier and will ensure that you have a problem-free experience!